The Final Proceedings of the XVth International Winter Road Congress are now available on PIARC’s website
26 August 2020
More than 1,000 attendees from 42 different countries took part in the XVth International Winter Road Congress, which was held in Gdansk (Poland) from 20 to 23 February 2018. They included the heads of four Transport Ministries (Poland, Japan, Lithuania, Montenegro) and numerous road directors.
The Congress was a genuine success with more than 130 oral presentations, 170 posters, 52 exhibitors - including 12 national or regional pavilions -, and 21 of the world's finest snowplough drivers going head-to-head in a traditional obstacle race.
>> The Final Proceedings of the XVth International Winter Road Congress are now available, as a dedicated website: https://proceedings-gdansk2018.piarc.org <<
- the Congress programme, including the technical programme and the accompanying persons' programme;
- individual articles selected by PIARC’s Technical Committees and Task Forces from the proposals received to the international call for papers;
- presentations made during the sessions;
- pictures and videos;
- other key documents.
Next PIARC World Winter Service and Road Resilience Congress: in Calgary in February 2022
The focus is now on Canada, and more specifically on Calgary, Alberta - the venue of the next PIARC World Winter Service and Road Resilience Congress, which will be held from 8 to 11 February 2022.
The XVIth World Winter Service and Road Resilience Congress will be structured around two Themes: Winter Service and Resilience. Practitioners and experts from all countries, whatever their climate, will find it relevant for their needs and are welcome to take part.
>> Book the dates in your calendar <<
PIARC has launched a call for papers on 15 different technical topics in order to contribute to the programme of the Congress. All international road and transport experts are invited to submit abstracts.
>> Do not wait any longer and submit you abstract here before 30th November 2020! <<
- Final Proceedings of the XVth International Winter Road Congress
- More than 1,000 experts took part in the XVth International Winter Road Congress in Gdansk
- Calgary 2022: Call for abstracts website
- XVIth World Winter Service and Road Resilience Congress Official website
- World Winter Service and Road Resilience Congresses