International Workshop "Innovation and Innovative Organization"
23 November 2021, Seville (Spain) and online
This international workshop was jointly organized by the Technical Committee 1.1 "Performance of Transport Administrations" in collaboration with the Spanish Ministry of Transport, Mobility and Urban Agenda (MITMA). This workshop took place in hybrid format, in-person in Seville (Spain) and online, on November 23, 2021.
Preparatory documents for the Workshop
Summary of the Workshop
The workshop, which was attended by a large number of international panelists, is divided into three main parts. The first block explores the fundamentals of innovation, the organizational approach to innovation and the importance of innovation for the overall performance of a road and transport administration. The different sessions approached the topic of innovation from different perspectives. During the second and third parts of the workshop, presenters share practical examples of how different transportation agencies approach innovation within their organization, including an academic and private sector points of view.
The topic is addressed from the local level, applied to the case of Spain, to a more international framework, solving some practical questions such as: how do you encouraged innovation among the staff? or how is innovation captured and rewarded?
|International Workshop Program - 23 November 2021|
Innovation and Innovative Organization
- Fundamentals of Organizational Innovation
- Innovation as a PIARC Cross Cutting Issue
- Innovation as a common thread
- The approach of Traffic Directorate (Spain Ministry of Interior)
- Andalusia, Committed to Innovation
- Current Challenges of Technological Innovation in the New Road Transport Field
- Technology and Digitalization in the Directorate-General for Planning and Mobility Infrastructures
- Innovation, the only real asset of a private company
- The Evolution of the governance model of public transportation agency to accommodate private sector driven innovations
- Support Mechanisms for road innovation in France - Focus on Roads and Streets Innovation Committee (CIRR)
- Fostering a Culture of Innovation: FHWA's organizational perspective on innovation - Strategy for Safe, Clean and Connected Mobility 2030