International Seminars Road safety
This page lists the proceedings of international seminars organized by the Technical Committees of PIARC in the field of road safety. These seminars are classified chronologically.
- Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), 23-25 April 2019,Safer road by Infrastructure design and operation organized by Technical Committee C2 "Design and Operation of Safer Road Infrastructure" and supported by Ministry of Transport of Malaysia and Public Works Department, Ministry of Works of Malaysia, Road Engineering Association Malaysia (REAM), Institute of Engineers Malaysia (IEM), Road Engineering Association of Asia and Australasia (REAAA), Intelligent Transport Association Malaysia (ITSM), and Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM).
- Beijing (China), 17-19 October 2018, Safer Roads that Save Lives: The PIARC Contributions to the UN Targets and Initiatives organized by the Ministry of Transport of the People's Republic of China and the Research Institute of Highway (RIOH China), in collaboration with the Technical Committees C.1 "National Road Safety Policies and Programs" and C.2 "Design and Operation of Safer Road Infrastructure".
- Lisbon (Portugal), 19-20 April 2018, Road Safety - A commitment to the present and a challenge for the future organized by the Technical Committee C.1 "National Road Safety Policies and Programs".
- Tehran (Iran), 25-27 November 2017, Current Policies to Enhance Traffic Safety and Future Directions organized in cooperation with the Technical Committee C.1 of the World Road Association (PIARC), the Iran Road Maintenance and Transportation Organization (RMTO) and the Ministry of Road and Urban Development.
- Santiago (Chile), 03-05 May 2017, Road Safety for Connectivity and Productivity organized by the Technical Committee on Road Safety of the Chilean Roads and Transport Association (ACCT) in partnership with the Technical Committee TC C.2 "Design and Operation of Safe Road Infrastructure" of the World Road Association (PIARC).
- Marrakech (Morocco), 06 April 2017, Policies and Programs for Road Safety Management jointly organized by the Technical Committee C.1 National road safety policies and programs and the Moroccan authorities
- Buenos Aires (Argentina), 11-12 November 2013, Road Safety National Policies and Programs organized by the World Road Association (PIARC), the Asociación Argentina de Carreteras, the Ministry of Interior and Transport and the Observatorio Iberoamericano de Seguridad Vial (OISEVI).
- Warsaw (Poland), 02-04 October 2013, Building Road Safety Capacity organized by the Polish General Directorate for National Roads and Motorways and teamed up with World Road Association Technical Committee 3.2 and the World Bank.
- Buenos Aires (Argentina),9-10 May 2011, Impact of infrastructure on the management of road safety organized with the National Directorate of Roads of Argentina, the Argentine Association of Roads and ITS Argentina.
- New Delhi (India),14-16 March 2011, Strategies for the development and safety of rehabilitated roads organized with the School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi and the support of the Indian Roads Congress.
- San Jose (Costa Rica),10-12 November 2010, Road Safety organized with the Ministry of Public Works, Costa Rica.
- Cape Town (South Africa),25-27 October 2009, Promoting road safety for vulnerable road users organized with the Association of Southern African National Road Agency and the Road Traffic Management Corporation: South Africa.
- Santiago (Chile),11-13 April 2007, Management of road network operations and road safety organized with the Ministry of Public Works and ITS Chile.
- Lome (Togo), 11-13 October 2006, Improving the safety of road infrastructure organized by AGEPAR (Association of Managers and Partners African Road), in partnership with the Global Partnership for Road Safety with the support of the ISTED.
- Beijing (PR China),18-20 October 2005, Road Safety organized with the Ministry of Communications of the People's Republic of China (Research Institute of Highway, Road Safety Research Center, Traffic Engineering Supervision and Testing Center).