International Webinar "Electric Road Systems – Technology Assessment"
17 février 2021, online organised from Paris (France)
This international webinar on the Electric Road Systems was held online on February 17, 2021. This webinar was organized by the Task Force "Electric Road Systems (ERS)" of PIARC (World Road Association).
The international Paris Agreement about the climate challenge (UNFCCC) calls for action in every aspect of the modern society. There is a need for decarbonizing transport all over the world both for freight and passengers. The sector is mobilised, and particularly the road transport, which represents more than 75% of global inland transport.
Electrification of the road systems will be an important solution and contribution for the states to reach their climate goals in reduction of CO2-emissions. Electric Road Systems ("ERS" - also known as dynamic charging) can be one piece in the puzzle of how to reduce the transport systems' contribution to CO2 emissions.
PIARC is inviting experts, road operators, road administrations, industry as well as non-governmental organizations for a series of webinars between peers to present and discuss their knowledge and plans regarding electrification with focus on ERS.
This first webinar focused on Technology Assessment.
|International Webinar Program - 17 February 2021|
Electric Road Systems – Technology Assessment
- 12h45-13h00 Joining the webinar, open discussion and greetings
- 13h00-13h10 Welcome and PIARC institutional presentation - Miguel Caso Florez, PIARC Technical Director
- 13h10-13h20 Objectives of the webinar and PIARC Electric Road Systems Task Force presentation - Jan Pettersson, Chair of PIARC TF 2.2, Trafikverket, Sweden
- 13h20-13h40 APS for roads - Patrick Duprat, ERS Solution Manager, Alstom, France
- 13h40-14h00 High speed and high power conductive ERS - Takamitsu Tajima, Chief Engineer, General Project Leader of ERS, Honda, Japan
- 14h00-14h20 Electric Roads - Enabling the transition to e-mobility and future transportation needs - Josephine Adorelle, CEO Evias, Sweden
- 14h20-14h45 Catenary for sustainable heavy road transport - Patrik Akermann, Head of eHighway Business Development, Siemens, Germany & Augustin Bareau, Head of Business Development, Engie, France
- 14h45-15h05 Transforming the future of mobility with ERS - Karin Ebbinghaus, CEO, Elonroad, Sweden
- 15h05-15h25 Commercializing wireless ERS - Oren Ezer, CEO and Co-Founder, Electreon, Israel
- 15h25-15h55 Q&A for all presentations and debate - Speakers and PIARC TF 2.2 representatives
- 15h55-16h00 Closing of the webinar - Jan Pettersson, Chair of PIARC TF 2.2, Trafikverket, Sweden