Virtual International Workshop "Electric Road Systems - Business Models"
22 June 2021, online
Task Force "Electric Road Systems (ERS)" of PIARC organized on June 22nd 2021 the second ERS workshop, which was focused on Business Models. PIARC invited experts, regulators, road infrastructure concessionaires, vehicles manufacturers, power suppliers and logistics operators for a very interesting workshop which was rich on complementary views regarding electrification with focus on ERS and its business models.
The presentations were followed by a very interesting debate.
The international Paris Agreement about the climate challenge (UNFCCC) calls for action in every aspect of the modern society. There is a need for decarbonizing transport all over the world both for freight and passengers. The sector is mobilised, and particularly the road transport, which represents more than 75% of global inland transport.
Electrification of the road systems will be an important solution and contribution for the states to reach their climate goals in reduction of CO2-emissions. Electric Road Systems ("ERS" - also known as dynamic charging) can be one piece in the puzzle of how to reduce the transport systems' contribution to CO2 emissions.
|International Workshop Program - 22 June 2021|
Electric Road Systems - Business Models
- 12h45-13h00 Joining the webinar, open discussion and informal greetings
- 13h00-13h10 Welcome and PIARC institutional presentation - Miguel Caso Florez, PIARC Technical Director
- 13h10-13h20 Objectives of the webinar and PIARC Electric Road Systems Task Force presentation - Jan Pettersson, Chair of PIARC TF 2.2, Trafikverket, Sweden
- 13h20-13h40 On road charging, research and deployment in EC - Maurizio Maggiore, European Commission
- 13h40-14h00 Which business model for ERS ? Financing ERS by concession mechanisms - Louis du Pasquier, Vinci Autoroutes, France
- 14h00-14h20 Emission-free Heavy Logistics - Jan Nylander, Scania, Sweden
- 14h20-14h40 Breakthroughs and Challenges of establishing an electrified fleet - Elke Lindner, DB Schenker, Germany
- 14h40-14h45 Break
- 14h45-15h05 Enable the transition to all electric - Maria Lindberg, Vattenfall, Sweden
- 15h05-15h25 Mission possible: Heavy truck E-Fleet Operation - Kristin Kahl, Contargo, Germany
- 15h25-15h45 Supplying the transport sector with electricity and infrastructure - Johan Mornstam, Eon, Sweden
- 15h45-16h05 Towards a zero CO2 road freight: ERS and other ways - Patrick Pelata, Meta Strategy Consulting, France
- 16h05-16h35 Q&A for all presentations and debate - Speakers and PIARC TF 2.2 representatives
- 16h35-16h40 Closing of the webinar - Jan Pettersson, Chair of PIARC TF 2.2, Trafikverket, Sweden