The 7th Regional Conference for Africa and PIARC International Seminar are approaching, register now!
20 September 2022
Only one month left to join us in South Africa, from 18 to 20 October 2022.
SARF (South African Roads Federation), IRF (International Road Federation) and PIARC are implementing the 7th Regional Conference for Africa, and PIARC is organising an International Seminar on Rural Roads and Road Safety. These two events will take place from 18 to 20 October 2022 in Cape Town, South Africa.
Under the theme "Connecting Africa through Smart, Safe and Resilient Roads: Stimulating Growth and Trade on the Continent", the conference will gather road specialists in order to examine and discuss ways to improve our road networks, particularly in Africa.
In parallel, the seminar organised by PIARC will address the challenges of safe and efficient road transport and the role of low traffic roads in rural connectivity.
In this context, PIARC will organise a seminar with two of its International Committees, the Technical Committees 2.2 "Accessibility and mobility in rural areas" and 3.1 "Road safety". It is well known that these topics are important in all countries, regardless of their level of economic development. This seminar will address them in all their aspects, including the challenges of safe and efficient road transport and the role of low traffic roads in rural connectivity.
More broadly, it will be an opportunity to present all the Association's activities in this very dynamic region, including the next World Road Congress to be held in Prague (Czech Republic) in October 2023.
- Date: October 18-20, 2022
- Venue: Cape Town International Convention Center (South Africa)
- Registration form
- Programme and cost
The conference is aimed at the following sectors:
- Provincial and local government and roads agencies/authorities
- Civil engineering contractors, consultants and suppliers
- Road, bridge and tunnel builders and maintenance contractors
- Traffic planning and management systems companies
- ITS and communication companies
- Road safety specialists and suppliers
- Road lighting and signage companies
- Procurement managers