Discover the programme of the international workshop "Implementing innovation: the critical step" and register now!
19 April 2022
The different sessions of the Workshop will provide practical examples of how different Road and Transport Administrations approach the deployment of innovation within their organization.
The challenges and external forces that Road and Transport
Administrations are facing are becoming increasingly more complex. To
deliver the highest public value and services to society as equitably,
as efficiently, and with the highest quality possible, they must embrace
and implement a culture of innovation aligned with the organization’s
goals, societal megatrends, and focused, for example on technology,
process and people. The ability to successfully implement an idea, a new
technology, engineering, or service solution, can make all the
difference into the public sector’s ability to maximize its delivery of
policy goals, provide relevant and useful value to customers and
stakeholders and improve the image of the organization.
The Workshop will look into the keys to the successful deployment and implementation of new innovating ideas and solutions by Road and Transport Administrations, irrespective of whether they are generated from top-down or bottom-up approaches, examine barriers and challenges faced in the successful implementation of innovations, and identify ways to establish whether innovations are having the expected and right impact and to measure their success.
The different sessions of the Workshop will provide practical examples of how different Road and Transport Administrations approach the deployment of innovation within their organization, including from the academic and private sector points of view. The topic will be addressed both from the local level, applied to the case of Poland, as well as from international perspectives.
- Register here
- Date: 26 April 2022 (12:30-17:00 CET)
- Place: Warsaw (Poland) and online
- Languages: English and Polish
- 12:30 – 12:55 Welcoming words and PIARC institutional presentation by Patrick Malléjacq, PIARC Secretary General
- 12:55 – 13:10 "An Overview of the Fundamentals of Innovation" by Jonathan Spear, Transport Policy and Strategy Advisor, UK
- 13:10 – 13:30 "How to Successfully Implement Innovation via APSI (Architect, Pilot, Scale, Improve)" by Mark Fagan, Lecturer, Harvard Kennedy School
- 13:30 – 13:45 "Implementing innovations in road engineering: challenges and successes" by Prof. Karol Kowalski, Director of the Institute of Roads and Bridges and a member of the university council of the Warsaw University of Technology
- 13:45 – 14:00 BREAK
- 14:00 - 14:15 "Initial BIM Adoption - Zator Bypass Pilot Project" by Ms. Magdalena Karolak, Gddkia Polish Road Agency
- 14:15 – 14:30 "Implementation of BIM Methodology and Tools - Construction of the Zator bypass along the national road No. 28" by Ms. Małgorzata Stryczek, Gddkia Polish Road Agency
- 14:30 – 14:45 "Road Innovations Development - A Research Program" by Ms. Marta Horodecka
- 14:45 - 15:05 Q&A - Discussion
- 15:15 - 15:30 "Europe - INNOVATION in Organizations - The approach of Traffic General Directorate (Spain - Ministry of Interior)" by Ana Luz Jiménez Ortega (Jefatura Provincial de Tráfico de Sevilla, Spain)
- 15:30 - 15:45 "Australia - Innovation and Research Program Overview Main Roads Western Australia" by Alan Colegate (Main Roads Western Australia)
- 15:45 - 16:00 "Europe - Organizational Practices on Innovation in Flanders, Belgium" by Anne-Séverine Popeleer (Agency for roads and traffic of Flanders, Belgium)
- 16:00 - 16:15 Q&A - Discussion
- 16:15 - 16:45 Panel Discussion
- 16:45 - 17:00 Conclusions & Next Steps