Join us and participate in the PIARC International Webinar “Measures to improve resilience of road networks"
22 March 2022
Register now to discover more about resilience and infrastructure failures through theoretical knowledge and case studies.
The international webinar "Measures to improve resilience of road networks", organized by the Technical Committee 3.3 "Road Asset Management", will take place virtually on April, 28.
During the one-and-a-half-hour virtual event, evaluation of resilience
of road networks, practical measures to increase resilience and recovery
experience in cases of infrastructure failures due to extreme events are
presented. This includes both the theoretical background for managing of
resilience is as well as its practical application in decision making.
The impacts of climate change on infrastructure in Canada has been particularly
significant and the webinar provides examples of agency response to
ensure transportation continuity, improve its reliability and decrease
recovery times. Further, a screening procedure and the effectiveness of bridge
retrofitting following two earthquakes in New Zealand are described. The
webinar concludes addressing the network-wide response and a recovery phase
after earthquake induced failures in a district of central Italy.
materials are based on the work done in Working Group 2 “Measures to improve
resilience of Road networks” of PIARC Technical Committee 3.3 "Road
The webinar comprises presentations by Rade Hajdin, David Hein, Jack
Hansby and Mauro D’Apuzzo, among others.
- Register here
- Date: 28 April 2022 12:30 PM (Paris Time)
- Modality: Virtual
- Language: English
- 12:30 – 12:35 Welcoming words and PIARC institutional presentation by Patrick Malléjacq, PIARC Secretary General
- 12:35 – 12:40 Introduction to PIARC Technical Committee 3.3 Asset management by Gerardo Flintsch, Chair of TC 3.3
- 12:40 – 12:45 Introduction to the webinar objectives by Rade Hajdin, WG2 Lead
- 12:45 – 13:05 Resilience of road networks – from theory to practice by Rade Hajdin, WG2 Lead
- 13:05 – 13:25 Resilience of road networks in the face of disasters - Examples from Canada by David Hein
- 13:25 – 13:45 Seismic retrofitting of bridges and related resilience of road networks - Examples from New Zealand and Italy by Jack Hansby and Mauro D´Appuzo
- 13:45 – 14:00 Questions and Answers