Save the new dates for the World Winter Service and Road Resilience Congress in Calgary in 2022!
20 April 2021
It’s official: the World Winter Service and Road Resilience Congress will begin one day earlier to accommodate multiple time zones. Join PIARC on February 7-11, 2022 virtually!
In order to fit the different time zones, the upcoming virtual World Winter Service and Road Resilience Congress in Calgary is shifting to 7-11 February instead of the 8-11 February 2022. It had previously been announced that the Congress would shift to an online format due to the ongoing health and economic impact of the Covid-19 pandemic. This will allow decision-makers as well as technical experts, road authorities and administrators, operators, equipment manufacturers and engineers, and academia to take part in the XVI edition of the Congress. It will also be easier and more cost-effective for all countries to take part in the Congress, since authors and delegates will not need to cover transportation and accommodation expenses.
Great success of the call for papers for Calgary 2022!
With over 350 abstracts received from more than 40 countries, the international call for papers is a succes. We thank all authors who submitted abstracts for their interest in PIARC's work. Stay tuned for more information about our Congress in the coming weeks and months!
New digital experience with a rich technical content
Key aspects of the XVI World Winter Service and Road Resilience Congress remain unchanged:
- The Congress will address winter service, as in previous editions, as well as road resilience (in all seasons). This was reflected in the 15 topics of the international call for papers.
- English, French and Spanish are official languages of the Congress.
- The Congress will be of interest to practitioners, road authorities and operators, as well as experts and academia.
- Call for papers: From July 2020
- Deadline for authors to submit abstracts: 28 February 2021
- Notice of acceptance of abstracts: 15 April 2021
- Deadline for authors to submit full text of papers: 15 August 2021
- Notice of review of papers: 1 November 2021
- XVI World Winter Service and Road Resilience Congress - Calgary 2022 (digital format): 7-11 February 2022 (Calgary time)
The XVI World Winter Service and Road Resilience Congress
The World Winter Service and Road Resilience Congress is a world-class event that builds on decades of PIARC experience. It brings together road experts and practitioners from across the globe. This will be the 16th edition of the International Winter Road Congress, which PIARC has organised every four years since 1969.
Historically, this Congress represents a unique opportunity to discuss in depth all subjects related to roads in winter: traffic management, pavement conditions, de-icing agents, equipment, information to users, and more. These topics are and remain essential issues for many PIARC members.
The XVI Congress in 2022 will begin a new and exciting chapter for PIARC. In an effort to highlight issues of paramount importance to our members, the additional theme of resilience will be addressed during the 2022 Congress. Ensuring the resilience of roads and of transport services is indeed a priority for our members, who are confronted with deteriorating infrastructure, budget constraints, adverse climate events, and rapidly evolving user expectations. Road resilience will be addressed in the broadest sense, without seasonal constraints.