Road tunnels: an assessment of fixed fire fighting systems
The report reviews:
- the previous studies on this topic carried out by PIARC and the recent developments since the release of the PIARC report on this subject in 1999;
- the lessons drawn from the past fires and holistic approach to fixed fire fighting systems (FFFS);
- consideration of FFFS in the general framework of tunnel safety and study of their interaction with ventilation,
- requirements related to FFFS.
In addition, the report contains many bibliographical references, a description of the various FFFS and their operating costs, and an update on their use in ten countries.
- Date : 2008
- Author(s) : Comité technique 3.3 Exploitation des tunnels routiers / Technical Committee 3.3 Road Tunnel Operation
- Domain(s) : Road Safety / Road Tunnel Operations
- PIARC Ref. : 2008R07EN
- ISBN : 2-84060-208-3
- Number of pages : 79