Earthworks Manual - Genesis and Preamble
The Earthworks Manual project was launched in 2012 by the Executive Committee of the PIARC Strategic Plan, which entrusted its preparation to Technical Committee 4.4 "Earthworks and unpaved roads".
The Earthworks Manual is an important technical document for the profession and stakeholders in the field of activity.
It is eagerly awaited by the experts from many countries who have contributed to its content.
The Manual is organised in two parts:
- Part 1: General considerations
- Part 2: Specific technical developments
The genesis, which can be downloaded on this page, allows an appreciation of the importance of the contributions of PIARC members within the Technical Committee 4.4, the contribution of European Standards work on the Earthworks Theme in the same period, as well as the development of complementary technical themes proposed in the work of the PIARC France "Earthworks" Committee.
The International Seminars organised by PIARC have also provided papers and presentations relevant to the contents of the Manual. These contributions are mentionned in the Preamble, gathering the technical references, terminology and glossary elements used in the development of the different parts of the Manual.
- Date: 2021
- Author(s): Comité technique / Technical Committee / Comité Técnico D.4 Terrassements et routes non revêtues / Earthworks and Unpaved Roads / Obras de tierra y caminos no pavimentados
- Domain(s): Road Earthworks
- Type: Genesis and Preamble
- PIARC Ref.: 2021R00EN