Financing, Contracting and Managing of Road System Investment
The purpose of this report is to provide information on the current methods and approaches relating to:
- The different combinations of public and private sector involvement in the provision of sustainable road systems and the perceived advantages and disadvantages of these methods;
- The different approaches employed for funding and financing of sustainable road systems;
- The various forms of procuring private sector involvement in the maintenance and operations of sustainable road systems and the perceived benefits and dis-benefits of novel methods against the more traditional forms of maintenance and operations.
Eleven case studies, presented in appendix, illustrate the various types of contractual arrangements.
- Date: 2012
- Author(s): Comité technique AIPCR A.2 Financement, dévolution et gestion des investissements routiers / PIARC Technical Committee A.2 Financing, managing and contracting of road system investment
- Domain(s): Road Policies / Financing of Road System / Road Network Operations
- Type: Technical report 2012R08EN
- PIARC Ref.: 2012R08EN
- ISBN: 2-84060-255-5
- Number of pages: 101