ROUTES/ROADS Magazine - Previous issues available
N° 324 — Special issue: Tunnels
4th Quarter 2004 / October
Contents of Routes/Roads magazine N° 324
by Olivier Michaud
- Special issue on tunnels introduction
- Tunnel fire safety is quickly progressing thanks to cooperative efforts
- A comparative analysis of the Mont-Blanc, Tauern and Gotthard tunnel fires
- The role of PIARC Technical Committee C3.3 in fire safety in tunnels
- ITA presentation and role in fire safety in tunnels
- The latest PIARC road tunnel fire and smoke control publications
- PIARC design criteria for resistance to fire for road tunnel structures
- ITA guidelines for structural fire resistance of road tunnels
- Activities of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe to promote safety in tunnels
- The new directive 2004/54/EC on road tunnel safety
- Safety in railway tunnels: current UIC recommendations and European regulations
- Preventing and combating fires in metro systems
- Safe and reliable tunnels: community R&D
130 pages, bilingual French-English, distribution: 6,000 copies.
PIARC President: Olivier Michaud (Switzerland)
Director of Publication: Jean-François Corté
Editor in chief: G. Batac
Publications Advisor: Céline Le Graciet
Editorial Assistants: Marie Pastol, Cécile Aurousseau
Making up, printing, diffusion: Compédit Beauregard S. A. (France)
Price of a single copy: 13 €
ISSN : 0004-556 X
Submit an article
Authors may or may not be members of the Association. Articles are subject to peer review, with technical committees of PIARC or outside experts to decide on publication.
Information on the life of the Association completes the magazine.
To submit an article for Routes/Roads, see the note to authors.