XVI World Winter Service and Road Resilience Congress
Online, 07-11 February 2022
The XVI World Winter Service and Road Resilience Congress was held online on 07-11 February 2022. The overall theme for the Congress was "Adapting to a Changing World".
Calgary 2022 was a completely different Congress from any other PIARC Congress, with several ‘firsts’:
- First Winter Congress to include another theme— Resilience—which is so important to PIARC member countries
- Fully online with content available ‘live’ and ‘on demand’ across 24 time zones
- Easy access from anywhere; only limitation was personal internet connection
The two strategic themes of the Congress allowed the organisers to have a Keynote Speaker for each theme: Max Perchanok on Winter Service, and Dr. Jean Andrey on Resilience. Simultaneous interpretation was provided in Spanish, French, and English for the Keynote Speakers, and all plenary and technical sessions to ensure that all delegates would benefit from attending this international event. PIARC honoured the best papers with its traditional Awards, which are featured in our magazine Routes/Roads.
A total of 785 participants from 53 countries gathered online with 60 sessions for this XVI World Winter Service and Road Resilience Congress.
You will be able to find the Congress’ Proceedings website which will be available soon.
Program of Calgary Congress 2022
The Congress program will began with the official opening ceremony on February 7, followed by a senior officials’ session and the opening of the technical exhibition. Technical sessions, poster sessions, foresight sessions, keynote speakers, closing ceremony and PIARC Prizes rounded out the official program.
There you will find:
- the Congress programme, including the technical programme,
- individual communications selected by the Technical Committees and Task Forces from among the proposals received following the call for communications.
- More than 60 Technical, Foresight and Poster Sessions around the main themes of the congress: winter maintenance and resilience (in all seasons), an exhibition, networking events, and much more!
- An extensive programme that tackles topics such as new technologies and methods in winter service, the effect of climate change on winter service, and resilience through asset management and security, and many more.
>> Read the issues of Routes/Roads that feature the :
The City of Calgary is an exciting business centre and an outstanding meeting and convention destination. As the fourth-largest city in Canada, Calgary has a lot to offer visitors from around the world. In the downtown alone, you can discover over 1,000 shops, 200 restaurants and 50 entertainment spots. Within the city there are also 8,000 hectares of open space and parkland to explore.
As the urban backbone of Western Canada’s corporate and financial community, Calgary has come to symbolize rapid growth, enhanced quality of life and a future of unlimited horizons. Within this cosmopolitan small town, delegates and patrons will enjoy Calgary’s safe environment, cleanliness and legendary western hospitality. Not to mention the tantalizing array of pre- and post-meeting adventures awaiting you in the spectacular Canadian Rockies, only an hour’s drive from the city’s centre.
CONTACT - INFORMATION
PIARC (World Road Association)
Mail : email@example.com