The call for papers of the World Road Congress 2023 is extended!
26 August 2022
[NEW DEADLINE] Submit your abstract by September 15, 2022!
You are an expert of road infrastructure and road transport? Participate in the call for papers of the next World Road Congress!
In response to requests received, we are pleased to announce that the deadline to submit abstracts is extended to the 15th of September 2022.
World Road Congress will take place in Prague in October 2023. PIARC launches a
call for papers on 49 topics to contribute to the programme of this Congress,
themed "Together on the road again".
All international road and transport experts are invited to submit abstracts (in English, French or Spanish) presenting case studies, research results and/or practical experiences related to the topics of this call.
The abstracts will be reviewed by PIARC Technical Committees and Task Forces. Authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to submit a full paper by the 31st of January 2023.
Papers that are accepted will be published in the Congress proceedings and will provide input into the Congress sessions. All authors of accepted papers will present their work and results at interactive poster sessions. Some outstanding contributions will be selected for an oral presentation during the Congress.
- Deadline for authors to submit abstracts: 15th September 2022
- Notice of acceptance of abstracts: 15th November 2022
- Deadline for authors to submit full text of papers: 31st January 2023
- Notice of review of papers: 15th May 2023
- XXVII World Road Congress - Prague 2023: 2 - 6th October 2023
PIARC Prizes 2023
Prizes will be awarded to the best papers among individual contributions.
The following are the Prize categories for our 2023 Congress:
- Young professionals (under 35 years of age)
- Authors from LMICs (low and lower-middle income economies)
- Road design, construction, maintenance and operation
- Road Safety
- Climate Change and Resilience
- Sustainable mobility
- Best innovation
- Organisation and Administration