Join the second PIARC webinar on Electric Road Systems on 22 June!
7 June 2021
On 22 June, PIARC will host its second webinar on Electric Road Systems, a series prepared with the assistance of Task Force 2.2 Electric Road Systems. Sign up now!
The international Paris Agreement about the climate challenge (UNFCCC) calls for action in every aspect of the modern society. There is a need for decarbonizing transport all over the world both for freight and passengers. The sector is mobilised, and particularly the road transport, which represents more than 75% of global inland transport.
Electrification of the road systems will be an important solution and contribution for the states to reach their climate goals in reduction of CO2-emissions. Electric Road Systems ("ERS" - also known as dynamic charging) can be one piece in the puzzle of how to reduce the transport systems' contribution to CO2 emissions.
PIARC is inviting experts, road operators, road administrations, industry as well as non-governmental organizations for a series of webinars between peers to present and discuss their knowledge and plans regarding electrification with focus on ERS.
The upcoming webinar on 22 June is the second in the series of webinars on the topic. Click here to rewatch the first edition.
12h45-13h00 Joining the webinar, open discussion and informal greetings
- 13h00-13h10 Welcome and PIARC institutional presentation - Miguel Caso Florez, PIARC Technical Director
- 13h10-13h20 Objectives of the webinar and PIARC Electric Road Systems Task Force presentation - Jan Pettersson, Chair of PIARC TF 2.2, Trafikverket, Sweden
- 13h20-13h40 On road charging, research and deployment in EC - Maurizio Maggiore, European Commission
- 13h40-14h00 Which business model for ERS ? Financing ERS by concession mechanisms - Louis du Pasquier, Vinci Autoroutes, France
- 14h00-14h20 Emission-free Heavy Logistics - Jan Nylander, Scania, Sweden
- 14h20-14h40 Breakthroughs and Challenges of establishing an electrified fleet - Elke Lindner, DB Schenker, Germany
- 14h40-14h45 Break
- 14h45-15h05 Enable the transition to all electric - Maria Lindberg, Vattenfall, Sweden
- 15h05-15h25 Mission possible: Heavy truck E-Fleet Operation - Kristin Kahl, Contargo, Germany
- 15h25-15h45 Supplying the transport sector with electricity and infrastructure - Johan Mornstam, Eon, Sweden
- 15h45-16h05 Towards a zero CO2 road freight: ERS and other ways - Patrick Pelata, Meta Strategy Consulting, France
- 16h05-16h35 Q&A for all presentations and debate - Speakers and PIARC TF 2.2 representatives
- 16h35-16h40 Closing of the webinar - Jan Pettersson, Chair of PIARC TF 2.2, Trafikverket, Sweden
This webinar is organized with PIARC Task Force 2.2 Electric Road Systems and will be conducted in English.
How do I register?
Register by clicking on the following link. This webinar is free and open to all. The number of seats is limited, and sessions will be managed on a first-come, first-served basis.
When will it be held?
22 June 2021 at 1 PM (Paris time)