Tunis will host the PIARC International Seminar on "The Best Practices for Earthworks and Rural Roads"
Tunis (Tunisia), November 14-16, 2018
In order to promote the exchange of experiences and the transfer of information and technology on low-traffic rural roads and to facilitate technical discussions and debates among stakeholders of the sector, Technical Committee D.4 Rural Roads and Earthworks of the World Road Association (PIARC) is organizing an International Seminar on "The Best Practices for Earthworks and Rural Roads". This event is co-organized by the Tunisian Road Association (ATR) and the Tunisian Ministry of Equipment, Housing and spacial Planning (MEHAT).
The seminar is open to the road community interested in low-traffic rural roads and to all stakeholders from countries with similar geographical, climatic and socio-economic needs.
The following topics will be covered (non-exhaustive list):
- Experiences and management of earthworks in the region and future challenges
- Best practices for planners and professionals in the development and sustainability of rural access through the use of alternative materials
- Planning and other local pre-requisites including the involvement of local communities
- Earthworks and bare roads
PIARC Technical Committee D.4 Rural Roads and Earthworks brings together members from different countries of the world, their knowledge and experiences are shared and disseminated through publications, the participation and organization of international seminars and the exchange of practices in different countries and regions of the world.
The official languages of the seminar are English and French with simultaneous translation.
- More information about the seminar
- PIARC Technical Committee D.4 (Rural Roads and Earthworks)
- Knowledge base - Rural Roads
- Knowledge base - Earthworks
- Technical reports of the World Road Association in the field of Governance of Rural Roads
- Technical reports of the World Road Association in the field of Governance of Earthworks