Use Of Recycled Materials In Pavements - Briefing note
Back in 2003, PIARC published a report from Technical Committee C7/8 on “Pavement Recycling”. This report contains guidelines for in-place recycling with cement, emulsion or foamed bitumen and hot mix recycling in a plant.
The current briefing note is the final part of a set of three reports on the “Use of Recycled Materials in Pavements”. This briefing note contains the conclusions and recommendations on recycling pavement materials deriving from the previous “Literature Review” and “Collection of Case Studies” reports . The scope of the note covers:
- recycling in-place using hydraulic and/or bituminous binders, it also addresses the preliminary investigations of the existing pavement prior to recycling;
- recycling or re-using in-plant where the recycled materials are prepared and mixed in plant, adding hydraulic or bituminous binders, to produce a mix for asphalt or concrete pavements, or for road base layers.
- Date: 2022
- Author(s): Comité technique / Technical Committee / Comité Técnico 2020-2023 4.1 Chaussées / Pavements / Pavimentos
- Domain(s): Road Pavements / Road Earthworks
- Type: 2022R10EN - A PIARC Briefing Note
- PIARC Ref.: 2022R10EN
- ISBN: 978-2-84060-685-7
- Number of pages: 17