Don’t miss out on our International Freight and Planning Seminar!
Published on 28 February 2023.
Register for our seminar on Sustainable Road Freight Transport for Economic and Social Development, taking place in Tanzania.
PIARC organises an International Seminar on Freight and Planning with the Tanzanian Ministry of Works and Transport through Tanzania Roads Association (TARA) on the theme of “Sustainable Road Freight Transport for Economic and Social Development”. This seminar will be held in Arusha (Tanzania), from the 31st of May to the 2nd of June 2023.
>> Register here <<
This seminar is organised with PIARC Technical Committees 1.2 "Road and Transport Planning for Economic and Social Development" and 2.3 “Freight”. Its main objectives are to exchange knowledge and experiences, to present and share good practices, and to discuss challenges and recent developments regarding sustainable road freight transport for economic and social development.
- Dates: from 31 May to 2 June 2023
- Venue: International Conference Centre, Arusha (Tanzania)
- Language: English
- Registration form: click here
By clicking on this announcement, you will find all the necessary information on the programme, registration fees, accommodation options, how to get to the seminar, etc.
- Economic and social contribution of road freight transport system
- Sustainable mobility plans including freight
- Logistics facilities and intermodality hubs: Challenges and good solutions
- Freight corridors management and economic development
- Overloading detection and enforcement
- Impact of heavy good vehicles on road infrastructure
- Challenges and opportunities of urban freight
- Truck management and truck parking through Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Greening Freight