Learn all about road tunnels! Join the World Road Tunnels Seminar to find out the latest results of technical studies and best practices for tunnel operation and safety
23 February 2022
A seminar to discover how technology is key in road tunnel management through the data and experiences of national and international experts
The World Road Tunnels Seminar, organised by the Colombian Society of Engineers (SGI) and the PIARC Technical Committee 4.4 "Tunnels", will take place from 29 March to 1 April in Medellin (Colombia) and online. The event will be attended by the Minister of Transport, Ángela María Orozco Gómez, during the opening and closing sessions, as well as by a large group of international experts. The seminar is aimed at all engineering specialists and those involved in the execution of road tunnelling works.
The focus of the seminar will be on the implementation of technologies in tunnel operation, as well as other tunnel-related content such as regulations, maintenance, safety, structures, among others. To complement the extensive programme of presentations, a technical visit will be held on the last session of the seminar.
The seminar is aimed at professionals from the engineering and construction sectors, suppliers, teachers, researchers, engineering and road students, as well as companies and the general public.
- CHALLENGES IN TUNNELLING
- STANDARDS AND MANUALS
- TUNNEL SAFETY
- VENTILATION AND SYSTEM INTEGRATION
- EQUIPMENT AND SAFETY
- OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE
- GEOTECHNICS AND CONSTRUCTION
- DURABILITY IN UNDERGROUND STRUCTURES
- ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY
- CONSTRUCTION AND OPERATION DURING THE TUNNEL'S USEFUL LIFE
- TUNNEL PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Dates: 29 March to 1 April
- Place: Plaza Mayor, Medellín Colombia & online
- Language: Spanish and English (Simultaneous translation)
- Information and fees on the event's website
- Register here