Webinar on 30 June: Learn more about the effects of Covid-19 on disaster management
11 May 2021
In the upcoming PIARC & COVID-19 webinar the focus lies on disaster management: lessons learned and the way forward. It will be held on 30 June at 5PM Paris time, sign up now!
This webinar is organised by PIARC's COVID Response Team and PIARC Technical Committee 1.5 Disaster Management. The aims of this Technical Committee are to study disaster management techniques using Big Data and Social Network Data as well as to analyze the financial aspect of disaster management in preparedness, mitigation response, and recovery phase.
The focus of this webinar specifically will be on disaster management during a pandemic. In fact, several disasters have occurred in 2020, and have had to be managed while operating under COVID constraints. What are the lessons learned and ways forward?
- Yukio ADACHI, Japan, Chair of PIARC Technical Committee 1.5 Disaster Management
- Christopher ENGELBRECHT, USA, Member of PIARC Technical Committee 1.5 Disaster Management
- Herby LISSADE, USA, Chair, Transportation Emergency Management Practices and Innovations Subcommittee, TRB
- Neil FISHER, New Zealand, English-speaking Secretary of PIARC Technical Committee 1.5 Disaster Management
- Marcelo MEDINA, Chile, Spanish-speaking Secretary of PIARC Technical Committee 1.5 Disaster Management-
- Herry VAZA, Indonesia, Ministry of Public Works and Housing – Member of Technical Committee 1.5 Disaster Management
Janet BENINI, USA, Member of TRB AMR00, Independent Consultant - retired USA-DOT USA
Chelsea TREBONIAK, USA, Member of TRB AMR10 and Panel of TRB ACRP Project, CRITICAL OPS LLC USA
Dana HENDRIX, USA, Member of TRB AMR10 and AMR20, California DOT USA
This webinar will be held in English.
How do I register?
Register by clicking on the following link. This webinar is free and open to all. The number of seats is limited, and sessions will be managed on a first-come, first-served basis.
When will it be held?
30 June at 5 p.m. (Paris time)
COVID-19 - PIARC's response
In an effort to share critical, near real-time information on actions taken by road and transport administrations during this crisis, PIARC is rapidly organizing a series of webinars for practitioners and experts to share their experience, knowledge, and some of the most effective responses to COVID-19. While current practices are not yet fully validated and what works in certain regions of the world may not be valid on a global scale, these shared experiences can be valuable tools in managing this crisis, where a good idea now could save lives, improve the resilience of the economy and employment, and minimize service disruptions now and in the future.