Join PIARC’s next webinar in Spanish and prepare for a post-Covid world
31 March 2021
Get ready for the future of transport after the pandemic with PIARC's next webinar in Spanish on Wednesday, 7 April 2021 at 4PM (Paris Time).
The objective of this webinar is to assist transportation planners to confidently determine the best path to address and manage the needs of the post-pandemic world.
The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated key trends that directly affect transportation and is presenting transportation planners with an unprecedented set of new challenges and possibilities. It is clear now that all in the transportation industry are currently and will continue to be challenged to consider the role of transportation in an evolving “new normal” that includes differing views on personal, economic, and societal priorities. It is also clear that the pandemic and associated mitigation policies are affecting travel behaviour as well as attitudes. For example, transportation planners are seeing changes that include significant shifts in transportation demand, supply, and performance.
- 16:00 - 16:05 Welcome and objectives of the seminar, Miguel Caso Flórez, Technical Director of PIARC.
- 16:06 - 16:10 Institutional presentation of PIARC, Marina Domingo Monsonís, PIARC Communication Manager.
- 16:11 - 16:24 Declaration of emergency and disaster management: Marcelo Medina, Chile (Secretary of PIARC Technical Committee 1.5 - Disaster Management).
- 16:25 - 16:33 Economic measures: José Orozco, Mexico (Member of PIARC Technical Committee 1.2 - Road and Transport Planning for Economic and Social Development).
- 16:34 - 16:42 Road works: José Manuel Blanco Segarra, Spain (Secretary of PIARC Technical Committee 1.1 - Performance of Transport Administrations).
- 16:43 - 16:51 Safety and COVID-19: Luz Gradilla, Mexico (Secretary of PIARC Technical Committee 3.1 -Road Safety).
- 16:52 - 17:00 Resilience: Juan Fernando Mendoza, Mexico (Secretary of PIARC Technical Committee 1.5 - Disaster Management).
- 17:01 - 17:09 Public and passenger transport: Luis Miranda-Moreno, Canada (Secretary of PIARC Technical Committee 2.1 - Mobility in Urban Areas).
- 17:10 - 17:18 Freight transport and logistics: Carlos Santillan, Mexico (Secretary of PIARC Technical Committee 2.3 - Freight).
- 17:19 - 17:27 The role of ITS in improving road network operations: Daniel Russomanno, Argentina (Secretary of PIARC Technical Committee 2.4 - Road Network Operation / Intelligent Transport Systems).
- 17:28 - 17:36 Road Safety: Roberto Llamas, Spain (Secretary of PIARC Technical Committee 3.1 - Road Safety).
- 17:37 - 17:45 Winter Road Safety: José Carlos Valdecantos, Spain (Secretary of PIARC Technical Committee 3.2 - Winter Service).
- 17:46 - 17:54 Workforce Management: Mª Eugenia Martínez Donaire, Spain (Member of the WG2 of PIARC Technical Committee 1.1 - Performance of Transport Administrations)
- 17:55 - 18:10 Implementation of measures: Miguel Caso Flórez, PIARC Technical Director.
- 18:10 - 18:40 Questions and answers, moderated by Verónica Arias Espejel, PIARC Technical Advisor.
- 18:40 - 18:45 Closing of the seminar.
How do I register?
Register by clicking on the following link. This webinar is free and open to all. The number of seats is limited, and sessions will be managed on a first-come, first-served basis.
When will it be held?
7 April at 4 p.m. (Paris time)
COVID-19 - PIARC's response
In an effort to share critical, near real-time information on actions taken by road and transport administrations during this crisis, PIARC is rapidly organizing a series of webinars for practitioners and experts to share their experience, knowledge, and some of the most effective responses to COVID-19. While current practices are not yet fully validated and what works in certain regions of the world may not be valid on a global scale, these shared experiences can be valuable tools in managing this crisis, where a good idea now could save lives, improve the resilience of the economy and employment, and minimize service disruptions now and in the future.