Urban Road Design and Architecture
This report develops further ideas (see 10.04.B page 49) on the organization and design of the urban road network, with the following main objectives:
- to develop the "environmental capacity" concept introduced by Buchanan report (1963),
- to explore the relationship between functional and visual aspects (concept of visual hierarchy) and the means to integrate them better,
- to focus on main roads (apart from motorways) by developing the concept of "urban boulevard" for main arterials integrated in their urban environment, illustrated by some case studies.
This special issue also contains the two following reports: Priority for Public Transport and Other High Occupancy Vehicles (HOV) on Urban Roads and Urban Road Network Management .
- Date : 1995
- Author(s) : Comité technique 10 Ville / Technical Committee 10 Urban Areas
- Domain(s) : Urban Mobility
- PIARC Ref. : 10.08.BEN
- ISBN : RR-II-1995
- Number of pages : 34