Transport Interchanges and Urban Development
As a part of the PIARC 2000-2003 work program, the Committee on Urban Areas and Integrated Urban Transport (C10) investigated the relations between transport interchanges and urban development, in order to :
- identify best practices of integrated passenger interchanges in urban development and freight interchanges in city logistics
- examine the land-use and finances of passenger interchanges and city terminals.
Chapter 2 of this report will show the results about integrated passenger interchanges with urban development in terms of institution, finance and organisation.
Chapter 3 is dealing with freight interchanges with city logistic strategy to reduce traffic impacts on CBD and/or inner city area.
- Date : 2003
- Author(s) : Comité technique 10 Ville / Technical Committee 10 Urban Areas
- Domain(s) : Urban Mobility
- PIARC Ref. : 10.13.BEN
- ISBN : 2-84060-150-8
- Number of pages : 10
- Price member: Epuisé / Out of print