Use of Recycled Materials in Pavements
Back in 2003, PIARC published a report from Technical Committee C7/8 on “Pavement Recycling”. This report contains guidelines for in-place recycling with cement, emulsion or foamed bitumen and hot mix recycling in a plant.
The current literature review is part of a set of three publications on the “Use of Recycled Materials in Pavements” expected for the 2020-2023 cycle.
This literature review describes:
- recycling in-place using hydraulic and/or bituminous binders, it also addresses the preliminary investigations of the existing pavement prior to recycling it;
- recycling or re-using in-plant where the recycled materials are mixed in plant, adding hydraulic or bituminous binders, to produce a mix for asphalt or concrete pavements, or for road base layers.
A second publication will be a collection of case studies.
This literature review does not contain any conclusions or recommendations on recycling pavement materials. They will be part of a third publication, which is a briefing note.
- Date: 2021
- Author(s): Comité technique / Technical Committee / Comité Técnico 2020-2023 4.1 Chaussées / Pavements / Pavimentos
- Domain(s): Road Pavements
- Type: 2021LR02EN - Litterature Review
- PIARC Ref.: 2021LR02EN
- ISBN: 978-2-84060-646-8
- Number of pages: 105