Strategies for road networks operation
This report studies, in its first part, the strategies of management of congested areas and road corridors. Examples are presented of measures to reduce
- non-recurring congestion (traffic incidents, planned special events, work zones, real time traveler information);
- recurring congestion (including: pricing, traffic signal timing, capacity expansion, maximizing existing capacity, encouraging alternative modes, regulatory measures, etc.).
From an international survey, the report presents examples of success stories and unsuccessful attempts and identifies key success factors.
In a second part, the report presents the principal results of the joint PIARC/FISITA task force on co-operative vehicle highway systems.
- Date: 2012
- Author(s): Comité technique B.2 Exploitation des réseaux routiers / Technical Committee B.2 Road Network Operations
- Domain(s): Road Network Operations
- Type: 2012R26EN - Technical report
- PIARC Ref.: 2012R26EN
- ISBN: 978-2-84060-295-4
- Number of pages: 90