Best practices of good governance - Institutional integrity
The increasing demands of Civil Society regarding accountability and transparency lead to promote institutional integrity and to act decisively against corruption. This counts the more for the road sector which has proven to be particularly vulnerable to corruption.
This report presents:
- key definitions and an analysis of literature pertaining to corruption and institutional integrity;
- examples of current policies and practices from an internatioanl survey;
- a model of cycle of integrity to counter-act the cycle of corruption together with a set of measures to prevent, detect and punish corrupt behaviour and enforce decisions within an organization. This "Toolkit" is detailed in appendix;
- recommendations for future works.
The "Toolkit" (reference 2012R18EN) is also published as a separate report.
- Date : 2012
- Author(s) : Comité technique AIPCR B.1 Bonne gouvernance des administrations routières / PIARC Technical Committee B.1 Good governance of road administrations
- Domain(s) : Road Policies / Governance of Road Authorities
2012R17EN - Technical report
- PIARC Ref. : 2012R17EN
- ISBN : 978-2-84060-257-1
- Number of pages : 117