Human resources for the future
- Date : 2012
- Author(s) : CT B.1. Bonne gouvernance des administrations routières / TC B.1. Good governance of road Administrations
- Domain(s) : Governance of Road Authorities
- PIARC Ref. : 2012R11EN
- ISBN : 2-84060-261-X
- Number of pages : 138
An imbalanced, ageing workforce is a major threat for the continued successful operations of road administrations.
This report prepared by the World Road Association (PIARC) Technical Committee B.1 Good governance of road administrations use case studies to examine:
- Skill gap identification both at the macro level across industries and countries and at the micro level within individual road administrations and their staff;
- Recruitment, attraction and retention of the skills identified as essential for the delivery of the outcomes and services provided by the road administration;
- Increasing the pool of potential supply though partnering with education and influencing curriculum.