Proceedings of the XXVth World Road Congress - Seoul 2015
The XXVth World Road Congress was held in Seoul, Republic of Korea, from November 2 to 6, 2015, under the theme "Roads and Mobility - Creating New Value from Transport".
The congress was organized in close cooperation between the World Road Association, responsible for the content and development of the programme, the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport of the Republic of Korea, the Korea Expressway Corporation, the Korea Road & Transportation Association and the PIARC Korean National Committee.
- Proceedings of the Seoul World Congress
- Main figures of the Congress
- General Report of the Congress
- Routes / Roads articles of the Congress
Proceedings of the Seoul World Congress
The World Road Association makes available the Proceedings of the Seoul World Congress as a dedicated website and on DVD:
The final Proceedings of the Congress contain:
- information on the venue, on the organisers and sponsors of the congress,
- the programme of all sessions and of the technical visits,
- the speeches of the plenary sessions (opening, Ministers', closing),
- the national reports by the World Road Association member countries as an input to the Strategic Direction Sessions,
- the introductory reports to the sessions,
- the visual supports used for the presentations of all sessions including the keynote speeches,
- the individual papers selected by the Technical Committees as a result of the call for papers,
- the general report of the congress including the detailed conclusions provided by the Technical Committees,
- the activity report of the World Road Association for the four years from the last World Road Congress in Mexico City in 2011,
- information and photos of the exhibition,
- the programme for accompanying persons,
- photographs taken during the congress and presented in slideshows for the different sections of this website,
- videos presenting excerpts of speeches at the plenary sessions,
- the list of participants
- information on the associate events
- introduction of beautiful roads of the world.
XXVth World Road Congress Seoul 2015: a great success
The XXVth World Road Congress was held in Seoul (South Korea) from 2 to 6 November 2015, gathering 2 700 delegates and approximately 200 exhibitors. The Congress highlights and the General Report are presented in the Routes/Roads issue of April and October 2016. The Congress final proceedings are available in DVD format.
Roads and mobility - Creating new value from transport!
This XXVth edition adds to the event's rich history with the introduction of research results and best practices covering all areas of road transportation.
The motto of this congress was "Roads and mobility - Creating new value from transport". The various stake-holders from the public and private sectors from all around the world had gathered together to present and discuss advanced approaches and solutions and share countries experience.
Message from the Secretary General of the United Nations
25th World Road Congress - Highlights
Main figures of the Congress
General Report of the Congress
The General Report of the XXV World Road Congress has been prepared under the supervision of the Strategic Planning Commission of the World Road Association (PIARC), which was responsible for reviewing the drafts.
This General Report has been written by Chang-ho LEE (Korea Expressway Corporation, KEC), with contributions from Kyung-soo YOO (Korea Organizing Committee, KOC), Suk-kee HONG (KEC), Won-tae KIM (KEC), Jeong-hee KIM (KOC), as well as from PIARC's General Secretariat, i.e. Jean-François CORTÉ, Robin SÉBILLE and Jun-sik KO, and both the Strategic Theme Coordinators and Technical Committee Chairs.
The final version was produced after taking into account remarks issued after the Congress by members of the Strategic Planning Commission, the PIARC Strategic Theme and PIARC Technical Committees.
Routes / Roads articles of the Congress
The winter model - Socio-economic cost calculations for the future
Analytical design of thin surfaced asphalt pavements in Germany
Asset management of Honshu-Shikoku bridges
A comparative study of sustainability tools to assess an asphalt road pavement's life cycle
Road safety impact bonds - A financial business case
Use of natural additives in the production of warm mix asphalt in Cuba
Proactive management of slope hazards - Waioeka Gorge pilot study
Taking decisions in the rehabilitation of flexible pavements based on non-destructive measurements
Justifying road safety investments for locations without collisions by quantifying road safety risk
Pilot project to quantifying social benefits of road rehabilitation for project prioritization
The accuracy of ex-ante cost benefit analysis - evidence from the Norwegian road sector
Risk management in action on Queensland's reconstruction program
Revolutionizing personal mobility by offering mobility as one full service