The focus will be on the road sector in the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic, and more particularly on the economic and social development aspects, as well as on financial aspects.
How do I register?
Register by clicking on the following link.
Seating capacity is limited and sessions will be arranged on a first-come, first-served basis.
When will it be held?
July 9th at 4 p.m. (Madrid time) / 9 a.m. (Mexico time)
Web seminar programme
- Welcome and introduction to the Seminar, Ing. Miguel Caso Florez, Technical Director of PIARC (5 minutes).
- Institutional presentation of PIARC, Lic. Marina Domingo Monsonís, Communication Manager of PIARC (5 minutes)
- COVID-19 and roads in Portugal: Measures, impacts and perspectives. João Fernando do Amaral Carvalho, President of the Mobility and Transport Authority, Portugal (15 minutes).
- COVID-19 and roads: Consequences for PPPs of toll motorways and prospects for renegotiation of contracts in the light of COVID-19. Fabio Pascuali, ANAS Directorate General, Italy, and President of the PIARC Technical Committee 1.2 on socio-economic development of roads (15 minutes)
- COVID-19 and roads in Latin America: Roads and CAF, allies against COVID-19 in Latin America. Ing. Héctor Varela, Chief Executive, CAF Latin American Development Bank (15 minutes)
- COVID-19 and roads in Brazil. Luiz Guilherme de Mello, Director of Planning and Research, DNIT, Brazil (15 minutes).
- COVID-19 and roads in Mexico: Public Private Partnerships versus COVID-19. Ing. Héctor Ovalle, Coconal CEO and Secretary of the PIARC 1.3 Technical Committee, Mexico (15 minutes).
- COVID-19 and roads: shaping the recovery for the road sector. Ing. Gonzalo Alcaraz, Head of Innovation at the International Road Federation IRF, Switzerland
- Debate and questions through chat, moderated by Eng. Verónica Arias Espejel, Technical Advisor of PIARC (30 minutes).
- Conclusions of the Seminar, Eng. José Manuel Blanco Segarra, Ministry of Transport, Mobility and Urban Agenda (6 minutes).
- Closing of the Seminar.
Approximate duration: 3 hours
COVID-19 - PIARC's response
In an effort to share critical, near real-time information on the actions taken by road and transport administrations during this crisis, PIARC is rapidly organizing a series of webinars for practitioners and experts to share their experience, knowledge and some of the most effective responses to COVID-19. While current practices are not yet fully validated and what works in certain regions of the world may not be valid on a global scale, these shared experiences can be valuable tools in managing this crisis, where a good idea now could save lives, improve the resilience of the economy and employment, and minimize service disruptions now and in the future.