PIARC President at ITF 2016
The World Road Association's President, Mr Oscar de Buen Richkarday, was invited to the 2016 edition of the International Transport Forum.
Oscar de Buen Richkarday during the session "Inclusive transport planning for low density rural areas"
He was a speaker in two sessions on Thursday 19 May:
- The plenary session on "Infrastructure renewal for greener and more inclusive transport"
- A panel session on "Inclusive transport planning for low density and rural areas"
By taking part in the International Transport Forum, the World Road Association's President could demonstrate that the Association is a team player as regards the wider conversation on transport.
Mr de Buen Richkarday was able to showcase some of the Association's products, such as the recently-published Road Safety and Road Network Operations / Intelligent Transport Systems online manuals.
Significantly, his involvement helped road infrastructure be recognised as an essential part of the whole trasport system.
Video references :
- Interview of Mr Oscar de Buen Richkarday :
- Highlights of the plenary session on "Infrastructure renewal for greener and more inclusive transport" :
- Full capture of the panel session on "Inclusive transport planning for low density and rural areas" :
The Annual Summit of the International Transport Forum is a major global transport policy event. Since 2008, the Summit brings together ministers from around the world to share policy perspectives with CEOs, heads of international organisations, thought leaders from civil society and academia, and media. The 2016 edition was placed under the « Green and inclusive transport » motto.