XIVth International Winter Road Congress
Andorra 2014 - February 4-7, 2014
Winter Service in Times of Crisis - "Reconciling road safety and sustainable development in a context of climate change and economic constraints"
CALL FOR PAPERS
The World Road Association is calling for individual contributions for the 14th edition of the Congress, whose overarching theme is "Winter Service in Times of Crisis".
It is interesting to note that the XIVth International Winter Road Congress in Andorra will cover the specific issues related to road tunnels and bridges in winter conditions.
Accepted papers will be presented during poster sessions and included in the congress proceedings. Outstanding contributions will be selected for oral presentation during the technical sessions of the congress.
Topics for the call for papers
- Topic 1. Winter service and climate change
- Topic 2. Costs and benefits of winter service in a constraint budgetary context
- Topic 3. Extreme events in winter time
- Topic 4. Winter service management
- Topic 5. Operational approaches, equipment and products for winter conditions
- Topic 6. The road user in winter conditions
- Topic 7. Road tunnels in winter conditions
- Topic 8. Road bridges in winter conditions.
Detailed description of the Congress topics, download the pdf file.
Authors are invited to submit their abstracts online before 31 December 2012.
Please go to the Abstract Submission page on the official Congress website, Click here.