- Dictionary : PIARC Road Dictionary/ English
- Theme : Operations / Asset Management and Maintenance / Asset Management
- Definition : The ability of an item to be in a state to perform a required function under given conditions at a given instant of time or during a given time interval, assuming that the required external resources are provided.
1. This ability depends on the combined aspects of the reliability, the maintenability and the maintenance supportability.
2. Required external resources, other than maintenance resources, do not affect the availability of the item [EN 13306].
Submit your remarks on this term