- Dictionary : PIARC Road Dictionary/ English
- Theme : Structures / Tunnels
- Definition : Action of assessing the damage or impact and to ascertain the level of containment and control activity required following an incident or emergency.
1. In addition to addressing the matters of life safety and evacuation, response also addresses the policies, procedures, and actions to be followed in the event of an emergency.
2. Emergency or disaster response is the step or stage that immediately follows a disaster event where actions begin as a result of the event having occurred.
Submit your remarks on this term