PIARC will gather international experts on climate change adaptation, risk and disaster management for roads and road organizations in Cuba
La Havana (Cuba), 8 - 10 November 2017
The World Road Association (PIARC)'s Technical Committees A.3 "Risk management", E.1 "Adaptation / Resilience Strategies" and E.3 "Catastrophe / Disaster Management", in coordination with the Ministry of Construction of Cuba, organize an International Seminar on "Climate change adaptation, risk and disaster management for roads and road organizations" in Havana (Cuba), from 8th - 10th November 2017.
The main objective of the Seminar is to discuss and analyse results and aspects related to the strategic themes: Management and Finance; Climate Change, Environment and Disasters, issues that are increasingly important within the transport community, facilitating the search for answers to questions on how to mitigate the negative effects and how to adapt the roads to climate change and its variability, as well as other extreme events. Some possible responses are in disciplines such as risk management, disaster management and strategies for adaptation to climate change, which increases the resilience of road infrastructure.
You can register online until November 4th, 2017!
The official language of the seminar will be Spanish with simultaneous translation to English.
For further information and registration:
- Brochure and program of the Seminar
- Workshop on the "International Framework for the Adaptation of Road Infrastructure to Climate Change"
- PIARC ́s Technical Committee A.3 "Risk management"
- PIARC ́s Technical Committee E.1 "Adaptation / Resilience Strategies"
- PIARC ́s Technical Committee E.3 "Catastrophe / Disaster Management"
- Knowledge base of PIARC - Risk management
- Knowledge base of PIARC - Environment