Save the date! International Seminar on Road Safety Audit
Tunis (Tunisia), 2-4 November 2017
PIARC Is pleased to announce that its next International Seminar on Road Safety will take place:
- From 2 to 4 November 2017
- In Tunis (Tunisia)
It will focus more specifically on Road Safety Audits.
This Seminar on Road safety audit is intended for:
- Government agencies officials or private operators managers responsible for traffic and safety;
- Technical staff involved in designing, programming, executing and overseeing road works;
- University professors, researchers and engineering students interested in further exploring the topic of road safety; and
- Specialists of other knowledge areas participating in road safety.
This seminar is organised by PIARC Technical Committee C.2 in cooperation with other organizations working on this subject:
- World Road Association (PIARC)
- Tunisian Road Association (ATR)
- Ministry of Equipment and Housing (MEHAT)
- Ministry of transport (MT)
- National Observatory of Road Safety (ONSR)
- Tunisian association of safety prevention (ATPR)
- Contribute to the dissemination of the knowledge and experience generated in the last years about safety audits;
- Provide a forum to discuss road safety audit best practices;
- Address applicability of safety audits in low- and middle-income countries;
- Address design as well as operations of safer road infrastructure;
- Contribute to the UN Decade of Action for Road Safety.
Languages of the seminar will be French and English.
The seminar will consist of two days of thematic sessions as well as an interactive roundtable and workshops. The third day has been reserved for a field visit to the X2 Road.
This seminar is part of the program of PIARC International Seminars, which deals with all subjects of road and road transport.