XXVth World Road Congress
Only 3 weeks left to submit abstracts!
Don't miss the deadline!
Papers will be reviewed by the PIARC Technical Committees. Papers that are accepted will be published in the Congress proceedings, and will provide input into the Congress sessions. All authors of accepted papers will present their work and results at interactive poster sessions. Some outstanding contributions will be selected for an oral presentation during the Congress.
PIARC Prizes 2015
Eight prizes will be awarded by an international jury for the best paper in each of the following categories:
- Young professionals (paper presented by authors all less than 30 years of age);
- Developing countries (paper presented by authors from countries of low income and lower-middle income economies according to the classification established by the World Bank in 2014);
- Best innovation (Maurice Milne medal);
- Safety of road users and road workers;
- Sustainable development;
- Road design and road construction;
- Road maintenance and operation;
- Roads and intermodality.
For each paper selected for a prize, PIARC will pay for travel expenses, accommodation and the registration fee to the Congress for one of the co-authors of the paper.
Topics for the call for papers
Individual contributions are solicited for the following topics exclusively - papers that fall outside this scope will not be considered:
1) Evolution of road and transport administrations
3) Fighting corruption
4) Road financing and funding
5) Circular economy
6) Climate change mitigation and adaptation - The role of transport authorities
7) Environmental commitments
8) Ex ante appraisal of transport projects
9) Ex post evaluations of infrastructure projects
10) Risk management
11) Low cost solutions for road networks monitoring
12) ITS Architectures oriented to services for road networks operations and improvement of mobility
13) Information to users and system efficiency for maximized acceptability
14) Motorcyclists in urban areas
15) How to better enforce the dedicated lanes use?
16) Commuting from home to work in large cities
17) Evolution of heavy commercial vehicle design and regulation
18) Challenges of urban freight
19) Infrastructure assessment and monitoring against heavy traffic loads
20) Winter service strategies and climate change
21) Multimodality and climatic adversity in winter
22) Advanced technologies and management of winter crisis
23) Rural roads
24) Road safety investments and planning
25) Transportation safety and land use
26) Safety of vulnerable road users
27) Systemic safety approach to combat driver distraction and fatigue
28) Sustainable road tunnels operations
29) Safety measures for people with reduced mobility in road tunnels
30) Road tunnels in multi-modal systems
31) Management of road assets
32) Road pavements
33) Road bridges
34) Optimal use of local materials
35) Slope and foundation drainage and storm water management
36) Maintenance techniques for unpaved roads in developing countries
Submission of abstracts
For the description of the topics and for submission of an abstract on-line, in English or in French - Visit the Congress Website!
Contact in relation to the call for papers
World Road Association (PIARC)