Routes/Roads is an informational magazine. The articles present analysis, summaries, recommendations or states of practice in a country covering subjects of topical interest in the theme of roads and road transport.
Consultation and download the latest issue of Routes/Roads are reserved for members of the Association and subscribers to the magazine.
Click the orange tab "MY ACCOUNT" to log-in before downloading or the button below "I subscribe".
Freight transport2nd quarter 2013 / April
Contents of Routes/Roads magazine N° 358
- by Esteve Comes and Ramon Reguant
- What's new: World Road Association Executive Committee Meeting in Washington, D.C. - Nominations
- Update: The "Highway Plan" in Wallonia (Belgium) - Norwegian coastal highway route E39
- Forum for PIARC National Committees: Chile
- Introductory Article - Don Hogben
- Europe: key challenges and solution strategies for urban freight transport - Wanda Debauche
- Public sector governance of urban freight management - Eiichi Taniguchi
- Road pricing for heavy vehicles: a key for financing road infrastructure? A successful example in Austria - Friedrich Schwarz-Herda
- Introducing co-modality - Rikard Engström
- Evolution in size and weight of commercial freight vehicles - Bernard Jacob
- Impacts from truck traffic on road infrastructure - Franziska Schmidt, Klaus-Peter Glaeser, Pierre Hornych, Jean-Michel Piau, Bernard Jacob
- Greenhouse gas abatement potential in the Australian transport sector - Caroline Evans, David Cosgrove, David Gargett, Paul Graham and Adam Ritzinger
Histoires de routes
Note aux auteurs
Log in before downloading documents!
104 pages, bilingual French-English, distribution: 5,200 copies towards 142 countries.
PIARC President: Oscar de Buen Richkarday (Mexico)
Director of Publication: Jean-François Corté
Editor in Chief: Jean-Marc Philippeau
Editorial Committee: Hector Bonilla (Mexico), Lloyd Brown (US), Takahisa Fukushima (Japan), Elaena Gardner (Australia), Philippe Lemoine (Belgium), Carlo Mariotta (Switzerland), Ian Saunders (US), Hirofumi Ohnishi (Japan), Friedrich Zotter (Austria)
Art direction: Céline Le Graciet
Publishing Assistant: Cécile Aurousseau
Translations: Marie Pastol (PIARC), Isabelle Chemin, Isabelle Couté-Rodriguez, Robert Sachs
Also with the participation of: Miguel Caso-Florez (PIARC), Lloyd Brown (AAShTO, USA), Justin Ward (UK National Committee)
Printing: IMB (France); Diffusion: GIS (France)
Price of a single copy: 20 €
Subscription (4 issues a year): 60 €
ISSN : 0004-556 X
Authors may or may not be members of the Association (How to submit). Articles are subject to peer review, with technical committees of PIARC or outside experts to decide on publication. Information on the life of the Association completes the magazine.
Find below, the comprehensive issues of Routes/Roads in electronic format from issue 321 of January 2004 on XXIInd World Road Congress in Durban (South Africa).
The features can already be downloaded from PIARC Virtual Library.