- Dictionary : PIARC Road Dictionary/ English
- Theme : Operations / Transport / Multimodal Transport
- Definition : Horizontal platform, of minimum height compatible for handling by pallet trucks, and or forklift trucks and other appropriate handling equipment used as a base for assembling, storing, handling and transporting goods and loads, to facilitate the lifting and stacking of goods [EN 14943].
1. It may be constructed with, or fitted with, a superstructure [EN 14943].
2. The standard dimensions most used in Europe are 1,000 mm x 1,200 mm (ISO) and 800 mm x 1,200 mm [CEN].
Submit your remarks on this term