- Dictionary : PIARC Road Dictionary/ English
- Theme : Environment / Environmental Protection
- Definition : Ccircumstances, objects, or conditions by which one is surrounded.
1. The environment tends to be perceived differently by the administrations, which often give priority to the technical aspect (water, air, waste, nuisance, ecosystems), and by the community-at-large, who tend to think of the quality of life, the neighbourhood, and nature.
2. The word ''environment'' means living environment for executives and professionals, towns and traffic for artisans and traders, nature for salaried workers, pollution for industrialists, and neighbourhood for farmers.
Submit your remarks on this term