- Dictionary : PIARC Dictionary / English (11/0076)
- Theme : Quality, Faults and Tests
- Definition : Difference between the profile and a horizontal line through the highest peak (the peak level) within a distance along the surface of the same order of length as a tyre/pavement interface.
- This is a two-dimensional case, whereas texture depth and mean texture depth refer to three-dimensional cases.
- Mean profile depth (MPD) is generally expressed as the average value of profile depth over a 100 mm long base line (ISO).
Submit your remarks on this term