Technical Dictionary of Road Terms
validated by the members of the Technical and Terminology Committees of PIARC.
- Reference languages: English and French.
- June 2012 1,795 concepts, of which about 1,100 with a definition.
- Available 100 % in English, Dutch and French and over 85 % in Czech, Estonian, German, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish and Ukrainian.
- Partly available in Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Persian, Romanian, Russian, Serbian and Vietnamese.
- 1-0-0 Types of Roads
- 2-0-0 Design and Geometry
- 3-0-0 Traffic and Transport
- 4-0-0 Intersections
- 5-0-0 Components of the Road
- 6-0-0 Drainage
- 7-0-0 Auxiliary Works and Accessories
- 8-0-0 Structure of the Pavement
- 9-0-0 Materials
- 10-0-0 Construction
- 11-0-0 Quality, Faults and Tests
- 12-0-0 Structures
- 13-0-0 Maintenance, Winter Maintenance and Management
- 14-0-0 Economics and Finance
- 15-0-0 Tunnels
- 16-0-0 Environment, Nuisance, Accidents
- 9-1-0 Materials- General Items
- 9-2-0 Soils and Aggregates
- 9-3-0 Binders
- 9-4-0 Mixed Materials
- 9-5-0 Geosynthetics
- 9-6-0 Quality of Tests